Wednesday 19 October 2011

Basil Alfredo Sauce

I love Italian cooking. Seriously, I could eat pasta every meal of the day and their bread creations make me all happy inside. However, I'm not the world's biggest fan of garlic. So whenever I make something Italian I always tone down the garlic, and since I did not grow any basil this year to make my own pesto, I can't use store bought because it is too much garlic and not enough basil. SO. If you are a garlic lover, you can use more garlic in the recipe, or even just put pesto in it. 
Basil Alfredo Sauce

3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 small garlic cloves, minced
2 c. heavy cream
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
3/4 c. mozza cheese
2 tbsp. frozen minced basil
1 (12 oz) box angel hair or capellini pasta

melt butter with olive oil on low heat. add the garlic, cream and pepper and bring mixture (slowly) to a simmer, stirring frequently. add parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth. remove from heat and add basil and mozza cheese, stir 'til smooth then add the noodles. Serve as a side dish or a light main course!

2 comments:

  1. So did you post this just so I would have something handy to do with yesterday's four jars of pesto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. who, meee?! only if you invite me over. ;)

    ReplyDelete