Wednesday 7 December 2011

Cooking like a Tired Pregnant Lady

I would like to go on record saying that I have NO complaints about pregnancy. Seriously, I have had the easiest pregnancy I have heard of in a long time. That, however, doesn't mean it's as easy as being not pregnant. I think that's where I find the most problems, really. I tell people I am really enjoying pregnancy and that it's been very kind to me, and then they expect me to be just like when I wasn't pregnant. Not gonna happen. I have small bouts of very deep depression (thankfully they seem to last just a few days), and I am tired all. the. time. This tiredness is what is keeping me from being cooking extraordinaire that I enjoy being. It also means that once I'm done cooking something exciting I have to sit down for, like, three days...so blogging usually gets forgotten.

SO. I have gone through my trusty iPhone and found all the pictures from the last month (there are pitifully few) and am going to post them here. For therapy's sake.

Spinach, bacon, cheddar cheese Quiche. SO YUMMY. I'm making it again on friday, and this time I'm using fresh spinach (fried) and onions (fried with the spinach). It's going to be delicious. 

See? This is what I'm talking about. I have been so crazy tired, that store bought perogies (which aren't actually too bad if you get the Superstore No Name brand, weird as that seems) fried with onions and served with sour cream actually made it on to my blog. Sad day.

THIS was a yummy homemade meal. Roasted, Herb and Butter Rubbed Chicken with Cajun Fries and Peas and Corn. 

Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes, served with Beef Gravy and Fried Mushrooms. 

There you go. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm making lasagna tonight and, if I still have oomph left after that, I might post pictures. But don't hold your breath...

4 comments:

  1. so i think that you are a very creative cook even when feeling the rollercoaster ride we call pregnancy. for the past two days we have had chili in the crock pot. which i didn't even make:)i am thrilled you blogged. i love blogs:)
    and i can't wait till january when i will have time to come and visit you and do momma care stuff together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading the things you enjoy making. Store-bought even! lol You are clearly concious of your emotions as high and low as they may be so just try to remember to enjoy having a reason to be illogical. Everybody understands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you both! You guys make me all happy inside. I like blogs too.

    Tania, I am SO looking forward to January! There are all sorts of things I want to do with you. :)

    Jesse, I will try! Hanging out with you and the bean make me remember what I'm actually doing with all this tiredness too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self: Never read Dorothea's blog three hours after dinner. (Now...let me see, isn't there ANYTHING in this house to snack on? Not even a cold left-over No Name perogy? Heck, what kind of service does this place have, anyway? I'm moving.)

    ReplyDelete