Wednesday 25 January 2012

Cookies are Happiness in a small package

I  love making cookies. I know I've talked about my love of personal sized desserts and cookies are my favourite. Normally I make chocolate chip cookies. Mostly, I think, due to good memories from my childhood. They are crunchy on the outside, gooey-soft on the inside and full of chocolate! What's not to like?

The other day I got the hankering to make cookies and decided to try something different. So I cracked open my trusty cookbook and found a recipe without even a picture simply titled Ginger Cookies. I like ginger and I like cookies so I thought I'd give it a try.




They were DELICIOUS. And I didn't realized it until I was half way through making the dough, but the recipe makes 120 cookies. Holy mackerel. So, at the suggestion of my dear sister, I packaged some up and Aaron and I played cookie fairy. It was a ton of fun and we even got invited in for dinner at one of the houses we stopped at. All in all, a marvellous project and a wonderful evening.

4 comments:

  1. ginger cookies remind me of growing up..my mom makes amazing crunchy ginger cookies..but yours, even better than hers, were soft and chewy and delicious according to my family...who squabbled oved the last one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures! I like the way you tell the story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, both of you! it was fun to finally blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rolls look fabulous...

    ReplyDelete